Film thickness profile measurement system for thermoforming applications
Contactless and clean profile measurement of all common films
The thickness of extruded films is an important quality parameter thermoforming companies. Non-uniform thicknesses create holes or strength issues in the thermoforming product. Hammer-IMS offers measurement systems for the thermoforming films and sheets that are:
- Have accurate performance up to film thicknesses of a few centimeters;
- Have high stand-off distance, reducing chances of scratching the material whil measuring it to zero!;
- Works on all materials: PET, PETG, PVC, PP, ABS, HDPE,
- Clean: Meaning non-nuclear, non-radioactive, and no need for licenses;
- Future-proof: compliant with the EU's vision to downsize the use of nuclear sources;
- Featuring cutting edge M-ray technology based on millimeter waves;
- Unique and patented multi-sensor approach enables high all-time coverage of the sheet;
- For both yield maximization and quality control for your extrusion tasks, as for input control for thermoforming lines;
- Simple visualization of thickness profile for each tuning bolt;
- Maintaining performance for all additives (colors);
- Easy-to-use state-of-the-art software environment;
- Available as turnkey installations.
Check out the Marveloc-CURTAIN products within the scope of our M-ray technology.