Sustainable basis-weight measurement/gauging of non-wovens by Hammer-IMS
The preferred workaround if you don't like X-Ray
Hammer-IMS provides M-Ray based solutions for basis-weight (grammage) measuring/gauging of non-wovens with its Marveloc-CURTAIN product range. This type of solutions:
- are free of any emission license and compatible with your county's local laws. Compare this to high-voltage (>5kV) X-Ray solutions, which commonly used for heavy non-woven applications. These do require expensive exploitation licenses;
- are harmless;
- work for natural and synthetic nonwovens at dry stages of the production line, even very early in the process (right after the feeder!) because of the high-standoff and the ability to measure through a belt;
- work with very thick non-wovens which can exceed thicknesses of mulitple centimeters.
- are the only alternative to X-ray or nuclear sensing that keep their measurement accuracy of 1 gsm even for high stand-off distances (compare this to capacitive measurement systems);
- are typically delivered witth multi-sensor heads, showing you color maps of production data in machine-direction and cross-machine direction.
- have an optionally buit-in laser edge detection, keeping you track of your product widths as well.
- ideal for high-weight products in automotive and building construction applications;
- can generate automatic test reports which can be shipped along to your customers
- display measurement data in Hammer-IMS's intuitive control software.