Basis-weight measurement of non-wovens (felts) by Hammer-IMS
The preferred workaround if you don't like X-Ray
Hammer-IMS provides M-Ray based solutions for basis-weight (grammage) measuring of non-wovens with its Marveloc-CURTAIN product range. This type of solutions:
- are free of any emission license and compatible with your county's local laws. Compare this to high-voltage (>5kV) X-Ray solutions, which commonly used for heavy non-woven applications. These do require expensive exploitation licenses;
- are harmless;
- work with very thick non-wovens which can exceed thicknesses of mulitple centimeters.
- are the only alternative to X-ray or nuclear sensing that keep their measurement accuracy of 1 gsm even for high stand-off distances (compare this to capacitive measurement systems);
- Are able to combine thickness and basis-weight measuring in a single device. This enables the solutions of Hammer-IMS to provide answers to the growing demand for inline thickness measurement of non-wovens;
- ideal for high-weight products in automotive and building construction applications;
- can generate automatic test reports which can be shipped along to your customers;
- Hammer-IMS's intuitive control software makes the system less prone to human errors.